Temporary approval electrical skilled worker - EU/EEA
If you have acquired your professional qualifications in a country comprised by the EEA-agreement and wish to apply for temporary approval to work in a profession within the profession group electrical skilled worker, to perform one particular mission in Norway, follow these instructions.
Approval to work temporarily is given for a maximum of 12 months.
Use the instructions below to make sure you enclose the required information and documentation.
Specify the profession
It is important that you specify which profession you want approval to practice in Norway. You can only apply for approval to practice a profession to which you have education and practice from abroad.
The profession group electrical skilled worker consists of the following 10 different professions:
|Profession||Types of electrical installations that can be build and maintained. Types of electrical equipment to be repaired.|
|Automation electrician||Electrical low-voltage installations in automation systems|
|Automation mechanic||Electrical low-voltage installations on hydraulic systems and pneumatics systems in automation systems|
|Electrician (low-voltage)||Electrical low-voltage systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings|
|Electrical Equipment Repairer||Repair of electrical equipment|
|Power-supply Fitter Electrician||Electrical (low- and high-voltage) power distribution grids, line networks, distribution systems, transformer substations and appurtenant equipment.|
|Power-supply operator||Monitoring and operating electrical (low- and high-voltage) power distribution systems and electrical (high- and low-voltage) production facilities|
|Lift electrician||Electrical installations to lift systems|
|Power line electrician||Electrical (low- and high-voltage) power distribution systems limited to overhead power transmission lines.|
|Repairer of electro-medical device||Repair of electro-medical devices in classes IIa, IIb and III.|
|Train electrician||Electrical (low- and high-voltage) installations on rolling stock for railways and trams|
Describe the project
Notification of temporary provision of service must contain information about the nature and duration of the work. (Project description).
The Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection determines whether the provision of services is of a temporary and occasional nature. In its assessment, particular importance is attached to the duration, frequency, regularity and continuity of the work.
The project description must include the following documentation:
- Service provider's identity and nationality
- Attestation certifying that the holder is legally established in a Member State for the purpose of pursuing the activities concerned and that he is not prohibited from practicing, even temporarily, at the moment of delivering the attestation
- Evidence of professional qualifications
Enclose the required documentation
To be able to evaluate your professional qualifications you must include the required documentation proving your education and work experience.
Enclosed documentation must be in PDF-format or JPG-format. Other formats and links to documents will not be processed by DSB.
These are the required documents:
- CV that describes biographical data, dated education and dated relevant practical experience in the profession in question, that you want approval to practice in Norway
- Copy of the original school report or diploma from the education, including a list of subjects and transcript of grades and curriculum from the education
- Copy of translated original school report or diploma from the education, including a list of subjects, transcript of grades and curriculum from the education,
- Copy of the original certificate of completed apprenticeship contract (If this is a part of the education in the country you acquired your professional qualifications.)
- Copy of translated original certificate of completed apprenticeship contract (If this is a part of the education in the country you acquired your professional qualifications.)
- Copy of the original trade certificate in electrical subjects, craft certificate, journeyman certificate or other attestation of competence to the profession in question.
- Copy of translated original trade certificate in electrical subjects, craft certificate, journeyman certificate or other attestation of competence to the profession in question.
- Copy of original references from current or former employers as proof of at least one year of practical experience in the profession in question, during the previous 10 years after graduation. (Practical experience in the profession in question must be from another country outside Norway).
- Copy of translated original references from current or former employers as proof of at least one year of practical experience in the profession in question, during the previous 10 years after graduation. (Practical experience in the profession in question must be from another country outside Norway).
- Copy of passport
Any kind of documentation that may help to facilitate the processing of the application is welcome.
- All copies of documents must be stamped and signed by a notary public.
- The application and all documentation must be translated by an authorized translator and should be translated primarily to English, secondary to Norwegian. The requirement for translation does not apply to persons with education from Sweden and Denmark.
Evaluation and requirements
DSB may verify your professional qualifications.
When we have received your complete notification of temporary provision of service including evidence of your professional qualifications, we will evaluate your professional qualifications in accordance with regulations for electrical enterprises and qualification requirements for work related to electrical installations and electrical equipment (fek) and the directive 2005/36/EC.
Evaluation of your professional qualifications will be based on that you can document education to the profession that you apply for approval to practice in Norway.
The application will be processed as quickly as possible, and no later than 2 (two) months after the application has been satisfactorily documented.
You can send your notification of temporary provision of service to DSB in three ways
Fant du det du lette etter?
Det oppsto dessverre en feil og kommentaren din kunne ikke mottas, prøv på nytt og kontakt oss hvis problemet vedvarer.
Takk for at du hjelper oss! Vi leser alle tilbakemeldinger, men har dessverre ikke kapasitet til å svare alle.